Our Strategic Partners
The Homeownership Preservation Foundation is committed to building alliances and partnerships with government agencies, NGOs, and other nonprofit leaders who share our goal to help homeowners restore their financial health and prevent more foreclosures.
Homeowner Advisory Partners
- Our network counseling partners are neutral third-parties who provide education and counseling services to help homeowners overcome financial difficulties and remain in their homes.
- Our network partners provide homeowners with a tailored, comprehensive action plan that can help them avoid foreclosure. Counselors are available nationwide, in over 170 other languages, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Five leading, HUD-approved, nonprofit credit and housing counseling agencies provide our counseling services. They are:
- NeighborWorks America’s Center for Foreclosure Solutions, together with HPF and several major mortgage lenders, launched a national foreclosure awareness ad campaign with the Ad Council in 2007.
- Since 2007, we have had an alliance with the HOPE NOW Alliance through which we created a unified, coordinated plan to reach and help as many homeowners as possible. The agreement incorporates advisors, mortgage market participants, and mortgage servicers.
- We are also honored to be part of the Coalition of HUD Housing Counseling Intermediaries, a national network of HUD-approved nonprofit organizations that provide housing counseling, education, and community reinvestment programs.
- In addition to the funding provided by the members of the HOPE NOW Alliance, HPF also receives financial support for our homeowner advisory services from Fannie Mae, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program, among others.