You do not have to face your mortgage challenges alone. Free help is just a phone call away by speaking to one of our counselors. Get the information and guidance you need today by speaking to one of our advisors. Call our Homeowner’s HOPE Hotline at 888-995-HOPE™.
Every situation is different and many elements determine what kind of help and which options are available to you. Your own outcome will be based upon many factors, including your overall financial situation, how far you are behind on your mortgage payments, whether the foreclosure process has started, and the type and terms of your mortgage agreement. Regardless of your situation or status, please call today. Our experience tells us that the sooner you call, the more options are available to help you work through your financial difficulties.
In order to provide you with our best advice, we will need you to be honest and frank when speaking with one of our counselors about your situation. The more complete and focused a picture we have of your financial situation, the more likely it is that we can help you manage it. Rest assured, we are not here to judge you for your spending habits or the size of your debts. We are here to help, period.
Here is the information you should have handy before you call the first time:
- You mortgage company name, loan number, payment amount, and status
- Your household income and an idea of your monthly household expenses
Here is what you can expect from that first call:
You can expect to be assisted in a professional manner by an un-biased counselor whose goal is to provide you the guidance and education to assist with your unique situation.
- After you discuss your status with the counselor, he or she will go through a detailed process to develop an accurate profile of your financial health, which will include a full review of your income, recurring debts, and household expenses. The counselor with whom you speak this first time will be assigned to you, so you will not need to “start over” every time you call HPF.
- Once the budget analysis is complete, your counselor will then work to create a step-by-step action plan for resolving your financial burden. You may be referred to additional nonprofit or governmental resources if you need additional assistance with specific issues, and will likely complete a 3-way call with your lender to determine your mortgage options and begin the conversation about resolving your situation.
- Your HPF counselor will stay on the line for the duration of the call. We have worked with hundreds of lenders and can provide critical data and background information to assist you and your lender in determining available options regarding modifications or changes to your mortgage agreement.
- Your lender will review the information provided by HPF during your counseling session, review your situation, and then determine the best option available for you.
- HPF counselors encourage you to update and communicate any changes to your situation, especially if you are concerned that you may have be challenged to follow through on your action plan.