About HPF’s team of housing counselors:
- All of our network agencies and counseling centers are HUD-approved and are specifically trained on various U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development housing and community programs.
- Every counselor possesses a level of training that demonstrates their knowledge of housing and finance, such as federal, state, and local fair housing laws and regulations, foreclosure assistance programs, repayment plans, and loan modification programs. Our counselors are truly the experts at what they do.
- Our counselors have in-depth knowledge of the eligibility requirements for various types of housing and the rights and responsibilities of all parties involved in particular housing transactions, as well as laws and different types of contracts available.
- HPF counselors are readily available and answer 98% of calls within 30 seconds. Our counselors will provide on-going support every step of the way and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Housing counselors are certified and must continue educating themselves after their initial certification.